COVID 19 OUTBREAK
To combat the spread of the Covid 19 coronavirus Horsley U3A continues to follow the UK government and NHS guidance, The Third Age Trust is using the national Newsletter to keep members informed of the latest advice.
The UK government has relaxed all restrictions, but is advising caution to limit the risks, for example the wearing of face masks in enclosed spaces. On September 14th 2021 it issued its COVID 19 Response: Autumn and Winter Plan 2021
Zoom or other video conferencing formats are still being used and some Activity Groups are going to "hybrid" meetings, this includes the main monthly meetings. Many of the outdoor activities have restarted.
If you are attending a meeting or event, large or small, in the East Horsley Village Hall, a theatre or concert hall or a similar venue, the guidance is clear:
- take a lateral flow test prior to attending which should be negative to attend
- do not attend if you are unwell.
- wear a mask when entering and moving around the hall or venue except when eating or drinking
- on entering the hall or venue please ensure that hands are sanitised (provided on entry)
- observe social distancing as far as possible and any other requirements of the particular venue you are visiting
If you are attending a meeting in someone's home you should consider carrying out the same precautions and abide by the wishes of your host.
Those hosting meetings at their home should always be mindful of the need to minimise risks and if necessary discuss with their group what other precautions should be taken. For example, whether windows/doors should be left open to increase ventilation.