Many of us will be aware that U3A is an organisation that encourages lifelong learning. In 2014 the Third Age Trust published a document entitled More Time to Learn. All group leaders were issued with copies or you can view a copy here. It gives examples of the ways in which learning can be an integral part of our activities.
Some of the ways you can sample the joys of learning are as follows:
- prepare for meetings by researching library shelves and websites
- writing up some notes about the meetings you go to or one of our visits
- sharing newly acquired knowledge with others
- getting more involved with running a group or even starting a new group
- attending some of the Surrey Network Study Days held at the Menuhin Hall in Stoke d’Abernon
- sign up for a FutureLearn or other on line course. They are free and flexible.